Monday, June 09, 2008

My Personal Branding Update – Month One

One month and counting – that’s how long I have been consciously building my personal brand online.

I have googled the world to glean from the experts and to learn the ins and outs of constructing an online presence that projects my brand promise. Like other bloggers I am here to share my views and experiences.

If you are just starting or want to learn more about personal branding view this slideshow by Trisha Okubo. She really hits the nail on the head.




Back to me
I don’t really know what success looks like but to date I am tracking a handful of unique visitors to my site. I guess this would include you since you are reading this blog. Thanks for your support.

My google search on my name pulled ten pages, of which, seven are about me. A lot of these entries existed before from my job as communications manager for Bayer CropScience Inc., Canada.

Here is what I have been doing for the past 20 days:
- Launched this blog with little fanfare
- Started developing my LinkedIn contact list from 10 to 36 and growing
- Published two articles on EzineArticles.com http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Derrick_Rozdeba (84 page views and 2 url clicks to my blog)
- Started adding links to my site
- Did the ping thing with search engines to help drive traffic to my site

What I have learnt so far?
There is lots of content out there -- some great, some good and a lot of junk. I am still not getting picked up by google in the google alerts (under “branding”) and I don’t know why. I am also finding that I have more stories in my head than time to write them. My down time is now spent writing or thinking of new branding topics for this blog. Stay tune for more. I would appreciate any comments or suggests. Cheers!